Helping You Recover As Fully As Possible From A Car Accident
Life changes suddenly and dramatically after an auto accident. It affects your job, your finances, your family and your everyday ability to function and enjoy life.
The law firm of Barbara E. Hecht, P.C., provides skilled and dependable legal support to get your life back on track. We will fight for your full compensation to cover your medical care and the losses you suffered.
We handle motor vehicle accidents in the Kansas City metro area, with offices in Missouri and Kansas. Call us today at 913-766-5793 for a free consultation.
Experienced And Trusted Injury Representation
Barbara Hecht is an established lawyer with 45 years of experience. She is known for her thorough approach and dedication to her clients. You can trust her to vigorously protect your interests in any scenario:
- Auto accidents, from intersection crashes to rear-end collisions on the freeway
- Truck accidents involving tractor-trailers, delivery trucks and other commercial vehicles
- Motorcycles colliding with cars
- Bicyclists and pedestrians hit by cars
Who Is Responsible For Your Accident?
We conduct a prompt investigation to establish the driver’s negligence and identify sources of insurance coverage. Was the person texting while driving or otherwise distracted? Was the truck driver fatigued or driving aggressively? If a drunk driver hit you, we can explore a possible “dram shop” lawsuit against the bar or restaurant that served them (Missouri only). If you were injured in a hit-and-run or by an uninsured driver, we can pursue compensation under your own auto policy.
We are not afraid to stand up to insurance companies, trucking firms, liquor establishments and other entities in pursuit of your compensation. While most cases are settled out of court, we are prepared to go to trial if necessary to get a good result for our client.
- See our Personal Injury page for more information about hiring a lawyer and how we can help.
Steps To Protect Your Rights After A Car Accident
- Call 911 if anyone is seriously injured.
- Get the other driver’s contact and insurance information.
- Take photos/video of the vehicles, the accident scene and your injuries.
- See a doctor even if you think your injuries are minor.
- Document your symptoms and medical treatment.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer sooner than later.
- You must report the accident to your insurance but stick to the basic facts.
- If you are contacted by an insurance adjuster, do not give a statement, sign a waiver or agree to a settlement before talking to an attorney.
We will take it from there. Your job is to focus on healing. Our legal team will deal with the insurance companies and legal matters.
Start Your Recovery With A Free Consultation
Barbara E. Hecht, P.C., welcomes people of any race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or background, and we take cases in both Missouri and Kansas. We provide the same service and zealous representation to every client. Arrange a consultation at our offices in Overland Park or North Kansas City. Call 913-766-5793 or contact us online.