Understanding Your High-Asset Divorce Or Dissolution
When a divorce or marriage dissolution involves high net- worth marital property, family businesses or private practices, the complexity of the case increases exponentially. At the law firm of Barbara E. Hecht, P.C., we understand the intricacies involved with high-income and high-asset divorces and will work to ensure you receive your fair share of the settlement.
We offer a wealth of experience, effective representation and legal solutions that are tailored to meet your individual needs. Schedule an initial consultation with our Overland Park high net worth divorce lawyer by calling one of our office locations, or contact us online.
Attorney Barbara E. Hecht has more than 50 years of experience with resolving complex property and debt division issues in family law courts in Missouri and Kansas. She knows how to intermediate these complicated cases and will aggressively advocate on your behalf for:
- Tax and inheritance issues
- Real estate investments, stock portfolios, bonds division
- Vacation property and collectible vehicles
- Pension and retirement accounts, including, IRAs and 401(k) plans
- Discovery of hidden assets
- Disputing or enforcing premarital agreements
- Family business and professional practice valuation
- Child and spousal support
Our firm often enlists the aid of property appraisers, certified public accountants, business valuation specialists, forensic accountants and other experts as needed to evaluate marital assets and uncover hidden assets.
A Mediated Divorce Benefits Both Parties
If your separation is amicable, divorce attorney Barbara E. Hecht will try to resolve your differences through mediation without taking your conflict into the courtroom. The benefits of divorce mediation include:
- Keeping everyone focused on the overall well-being of everyone concerned
- Having a complete and honest exchange of information
- Avoiding the financial costs and stress of a time-consuming litigation
- Resolving differences in a more private, dignified and informal setting
Estate Planning Before, During And After Your Divorce
Getting divorced after years of marriage can leave you wondering what tomorrow will bring. This is especially true for clients who have not worked outside the home for a while or have had little or no responsibility with household bills. At the law firm of Barbara E. Hecht P.C., we know that your life does not end at your divorce — it begins again. That is why we refer our clients to a certified divorce financial planner. This specialist can provide you with advice on financial planning, education and guidance, including modifying or creating new wills and trusts.
Contact Us Today To Discuss Your Situation
To set up your initial consultation with a high-asset divorce lawyer, call one of our three offices or contact the law firm of Barbara E. Hecht, P.C., online.
Offices in Overland Park and , Kansas, and in Kansas City, Missouri
Major Credit Cards Accepted